Obieg no. 15: The Right to Idleness
publication date: July 2020
Be like Obieg, do nothing! For the upcoming issue on the right to idleness we have contacted various authors to prepare essays, videos, visual material on the mode of idling. We're not progressing super fast towards publishing the issue by the end of June. Stay idle and don't stay tuned for the latest reflections on art, habitus, and idleness.
Dare Pejić works as a publicist and a producer, with a study background in sociology of culture, cultural policies and arts management (University of Ljubljana, UNESCO Chair at University of Arts in Belgrade, University Lumiere in Lyon 2). He collaborates with Ljubljana Digital Media Lab (Ljudmila), and Makery from France. As a freelance cultural worker, he has collaborated with many different organizations from Slovenia and abroad. Dare is a former member of Theremidi Orchestra and believes in generalism.
Table of contents:
- Dorian Batycka, Hobo Diaries Rijeka: On the Ambiguities of Wandering During Times of Enforced Idleness
- bi- residency, And in the margin of all that, we were texting each other about common feelings
- Milena Dragićević-Šešić (interviewed by Dare Pejić)
- Silvio Lorusso, Idle Enchantment: Getting a Nintendo Switch During Lockdown
- Jelena Mijić, There is enough of everything already
- Andrej Pezelj, Contagion and Culpability
- Residency for Artists on Hiatus, #weareallonhiatus
- Maja Smrekar, Internationale, 44 days
- Marina Tkalčić (on European Capital of Culture 2020 in Rijeka)